Microsoft released multiple numbers of the Windows update only to fix the Windows 10 problems and also some other incompatibility issues. Usually, this error code 0x8024002e occurs when users are trying to check for any available updates or whenever any user tries to run the Windows Update Service then it generates an error message that blocks this service from running.
However, this error code explains that the Windows update service helps the users to check for any latest updates which have been blocked or at the time it is not running or working. To fix this error, you have to search out that if any other installed apps are blocking it.
Here we discuss few causes of the error code 0x8024002e are as follows:
- Incomplete installation of the Windows 10 operating system
- Corrupt/damaged or due to an incompatible registry entry
- Virus and malware infected system files.
- Damaged or corrupt system file
Steps to Fix Update Error Code 0x8024002e
As we already discussed above that this error occurs because of the windows update service not working properly or blocked by any other apps or service. Below we provide you with a few steps by which you can be able to solve this issue. Here how to fix it:
Set Windows Update Property to Automatic Mode
If you set the Windows update property to manual, then there are higher chances of facing error code 0x8024002e in the Windows 10. First, you need to change the Windows update property. You have to set this service property to the Automatic. For this, follow the below-given steps:
- Click on to open the Task Manager.
- Then, click on the Service tab.
- Under the Service tab, search for the “Open Services” option located at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, a fresh window will appear on your screen, now drop-down the list and double-click on the “Windows Update” option.
- Now, Property Windows will appear on your screen.
- Next, select Automatic for startup option.
- Click on the Apply tab.
- Then, press the Start button.
- Lastly, hit the OK tab.
- Finally, restart your computer system.
Once the steps are completed, now you have to check that the applied steps are properly working or not. Navigate to the Windows update and check for the latest updates.